Oh, hi there! 🙂
Guys, I can’t believe it but SPRING is finally here! It is probably one of my favorite times of the year!
The grass gets greener, flowers start showing their beautiful faces, the beach gets busier and the outfits get cuter.
Summer dresses are my life. They are so easy and versatile and require minimal effort, and for a girl on the go like myself, it’s a must have!
I have taken it upon myself to include my TOP 6 SPRING ESSENTIALS:
- Sunscreen – This one is a MUST! There’s nothing quite as unattractive as a beautiful girl that’s lobster-red from getting burnt by the sun. Not only is it an uncomfortable, painful experience but, it’s also incredibly bad for your skin causing sun spots as you age and don’t even get me started on peeling skin! I recommend Neutrogena SPF 70 beach defense spray
2. Lip Protection – Just like your skin, your lips are vulnerable to the harsh rays of the sun. Keep them healthy by using a lip product with SPF. There are so many to choose from fruity scents to muted musks, tinted, high-gloss and so the list goes. My top pick is however, is Quenched (SPF 20) from the Maybelline Baby Lips Moisturizing Lip Balm collection.
3. Compact Powder – Is there an easier, more convenient way to avoid a shiny face?? I think not! This is so perfect for the girl on the run. It’s so easy you could probably do it while running! Although I wouldn’t recommend it. The goal is to glow, not glisten. As an added bonus, look for a powder that has some SPF in it. While it certainly won’t take the place of your sunscreen, it’s a great go-to in a pinch. Again, I’m referring back to good ol’ trusty Neutrogena. This compact powder is perfect and the added SPF 55 is definitely a great bonus!
4. Deodorant – So as the weather gets warmer in the spring time, so do our bodies which tends to lead to perspiration. Curb it quick with some deodorant. If you ever need to reapply during the day, you’ll be happy to have it! Travel-size sticks are perfect to stash away for emergencies, and they’re small enough to be undetectable in your bag. I always recommend something that’s fresh smelling opposed to sweet/fruity scents. I find there is nothing worse than strawberry scented deodorant trying to mask the eye-watering smell of sweat! Try out NIVEA Fresh Natural Roll-On with Ocean Extracts for 48h confidence and antiperspirants protection to keep you feeling fresh all day long.
5. Sunglasses – You’ve taken care of your skin and your lips, but don’t forget about your eyes! Sunglasses are easy to leave behind, or you may ditch them when you’re heading out into the clouds. But, you will definitely regret that decision if the sun starts to peek out. It’s best to have them on hand, as shades are essential to protect your precious eyes. After all, you don’t want to do any damage to those baby blues (or browns, greens, etc)! My go to pair are similar to the pair below, they are spot on trend and have major benefits too. 5 Reasons why sunglasses are a MUST!
6. As an added bonus I thought i would include water to the list. Even though one might rather opt for a refreshing fruit juice/ fizzy drink that temporarily quenches ones thirst, all the extra calories are totally unnecessary and the effects are short-lived. I’m sure i don’t need to tell you about the benefits of a bottle of H2O, whether you want shinier hair, younger skin, a healthier body (or all three!), pure, clear water is the world’s best beauty elixir. Plus if you carry it in a brightly colored water bottle, it might encourage you to take a couple sips more often. Also be sure to pick BPA free bottle.
I hope you found these tips helpful & if you have any suggestions please feel free to let me know in the comments section!
Happy Spring 🙂