Hi there 🙂
Today I thought i’d show what I eat in a day and also how to prepare some of the dishes. I have been wanting to do a post like this for a while. I love reading them and I also LOVE learning new recipes and trying them out.
So starting with breakfast. I don’t eat the same thing everyday, I think that gets boring but I do try to make healthy choices.
Open omelette with avocado, feta, spring onion and tomato
- 2 Eggs
- Sprig of spring onion
- ½ Avocado
- Crack eggs into a mug and whisk.
- Pour egg into a pan on medium heat.
- In the meantime chop spring onion and cut avo into chunks
- Chopped spring onion and avo to egg mixture and crumble feta over the top.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with Cherry tomatoes
I try to keep my meals fairly balanced so, as you can see I have some protein, dairy, and healthy fats.
Peanut butter & banana Smoothie
- 1 whole banana
- 1 tbsp Peanut butter
- 25g raw organic oats
- 1 cup milk
- 3-5 ice blocks
- 1 can Tuna
- Cottage Cheese
- Red & yellow Bell Pepper
- Herbed Feta
Grapes (about 20)
Spinach & feta stuffed pork tenderloin with sweet potato mash, courgettes & tomato
Ingredients: Spinach & feta stuffed pork tenderloin
- Spinach – washed and roughly torn
- 1 Clove of freshly crushed garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- With the edge of a knife parallel to the cutting board, begin cutting down the length of the side of the pork fillet. Carefully slice the fillet in half widthwise almost to the other edge. Keep that edge intact and open the breast along the “fold”.
- Stuff the fillet with the aforementioned ingredients. Wrap cotton wool securely around the fillet to prevent the stuffed ingredients from falling out and knot.
- Pan sear the fillet in coconut oil for about 3-5 min.
- Remove from pan and continue to grill in oven until the fillet has cooked all the way through. (35 – 40 minutes)
Ingredients: Courgettes & Rosa tomatoes
- 5 Medium sized courgettes
- 6-8 Rosa tomatoes
- Chop courgettes and tomatoes.
- Bring courgettes to boil.
- Add tomatoes 5 min before removing from heat.
I forgot to take a photo of the sweet potato, but all i did was peel and chop the sweet potato, boil and mash when soft. After I mashed it I added milk, butter and cinnamon and mixed it all together using a wooden spoon.
So basically this is the type of food I eat on a daily basis. I love incorporating protein, fruit/veg and fats to my diet. I very much follow the LCHF eating plan as I tend to stay away from starch such as pasta and bread. I don’t add sugar to my food/ drink and prefer to get my RDI of sugar through natural foods (fruit and veg)
I hope you enjoyed this post & let me know in the comments down below if you have any recommendations as to what I could add to my eating plan 🙂